Sunday 24th October, 2021
AREMO OF YEWALAND CONFERMENT:
IN DEFENCE OF YEWA TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS
We are in the knowledge of a mischievous and frivolous petition authored by some conscripts who obviously are being remoted by their paymasters in an attempt to destabilise Yewaland and by extension, Ogun West for selfish political gains.
Our position on the purported petition and the follow up Press conference is as follow:
1. The conferment in question is not only within the purview of Yewa Traditional Council but also a collective decision of the Council under the Paramount Ruler of Yewaland; His Royal Majesty, Oba Kehinde Gbadewole Olugbenle MFR.
We are also aware that there are other Pan Yewa Titles already approved to be conferred on other notable personalities across Yewaland home and abroad by the Yewa Traditional Council.
2. It is instructive to state that the decision is in consonance with the customary and chieftaincy law of Ogun State, which give the authority to the Paramount Ruler and the Traditional Council to confer Chieftaincy Title as they deem fit.
3. A close scrutiny of the petitioners shows that they are known aides and political surrogates of a former governor of Ogun State who has never hidden his disdain for the person of Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI).
We therefore deduce that the motive of the petition is to politicise a purely traditional matter and create a semblance of crisis in Yewaland where actually, there is none.
4. It is unfortunate that a few elements have offered themselves to blackmail and create an unfounded crisis in order to desecrate the exalted Yewa Traditional Institutions. We are also aware that the petitioners have failed to approach the Paramount Ruler or the Traditional Council for any clarification before going to the press; of course, they will not tow such honourable line as their intent and purpose are very mischievous.
As bonafide and proud Indigenes of Yewaland, we condemn unequivocally this act of betrayal of our heritage and the attempted desecration of many sacred crowns of Yewaland.
5. We join numerous others to appreciate the Paramount Ruler and Yewa Traditional Council over the conferment of Pan Yewa Titles on deserving Yewa Sons and Daughters. We also which to encourage our Traditional Rulers to keep up the progressive and unifying gesture for the betterment of our land.
Indeed, it is noteworthy that this conferment is coming after over a decade of a similar event.
6. We heartily congratulate Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola (YAYI) and others on their respective conferment of Pan Yewa Chieftaincy Titles.
Without any doubt, this conferment is well deserved by the conferees, judging by their numerous contributions to Yewaland and the overwhelming accolade it has received from far and wide.
In conclusion, we call on well meaning individuals to disregard the falsehood and propaganda being bandied around, designed to promote ulterior political agenda of a non Yewa Indigene with the active connivance of his few cohorts in the land. We implore these few elements who are currently being used as pawns to bastardize our cherished values, to desist from this ignoble act. They should rather emulate the conferees in character, meaningful contribution and in fostering development in Yewaland so that they may be considered for such exalted honour in future.
Hon. Jemili Akingbade
Hon. (Mrs) Lateefat Ajayi
Hon. Haruna Eegungboun Hon. Adegoke Adeyanju
Biodun Oluseye PhD Ajiroba Dapo Oke
Chief Jubreel Elegbede Hon. Zacheus Omoloye
Hon. Bode Fagbenro Dr Kunle Salako
Hon. Sunday Kojeku Hon. Micheal Kudoro
Chief (Mrs) Sade Yemitan Hon. Tunde Bankole
Akeem Lamidi PhD Mr Safari Toheeb
Prince Ayo Akanbi Alhaji Tijani Rabiu
Alh.(Hon.) Isiaka Aderounmu
Hon. (Chief) Bankole Joel JP Hon. Kamor Oduntan
Avoseh Johnson Otunba Bisi Oyedele
Hon. (Mrs) Funmi Olaiju Mr Tajudeen Olaleye
Mr Joseph Olumoro
Alh. Raheem Bariyu
Hon. Chief Albert Asipa